Consumer (Shopping) Card Offer from American Express.
- Accepted at Over a Million Places
- Gift Cards can be used virtually everywhere in the U.S. that welcomes American Express Cards.*
- Available in a variety of prepaid amounts
- Gift Card denomination values range from $25-$500.
- If the Gift Card is lost or stolen, the unused balance can be refunded/replaced.*
N/A* Intro APR
N/A*Intro APR Period
Accepts All*Credit Needed
N/A*Late Payment Fee
- Shopping Card
The American Express Consumer Gift Card is by far the most widely accepted and highly sought after gift card on the market. The cards can be personalized for gift giving with names and photographs. They are offered in monetary increments and can be sent to almost anywhere in the US, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
These gift cards are easy to use and they are great for gift giving. The card must be signed and registered with American Express for use online and at retailers. The American Express gift card has an added feature called a bundle. This is because you can get many great discounts by using the card online at the shops registered on the American Express Network.
You can purchase a gift card at almost any Bank or go online to the American Express portal. Your cards can be delivered in most cases in as little as two business days. A bit longer for personalized cards.
The review is prepared by CreditCards-Offer™ staff. Opinions expressed therein are solely those of the reviewer.
Rewards & Benefits
Card Finance & Rates
"Personalized" gift card fee: $3.95
"Special Occasion" card fee: $4.95
Check-issuance fee: $10.00
Monthly service (after 12 months) fee: $2.00
Replacement card fee: $5.95
UPS shipping (Air; 2 days): $12.95
UPS shipping (Air; Next days): $15.95
UPS shipping (Ground; 10 days): $7.95
USPS shipping (Express / per card): $9.95
USPS shipping (First Class mail): $5.95
1. Your purchases can total up to $5,000 per 14-day period.
2. Orders of $200 and up can only be shipped via UPS.
3. USPS delivery method is not available for Gift Card orders equal to or greater than $200.
4. American Express is no longer shipping Gift Cards to the states of CT, HI, NH, and VT. Based upon legislation in these four states, it is cost-prohibitive for American Express to sell our Gift Cards.
The information provided for the American Express Gift Card for Consumer is considered to be accurate at the time of posting (Apr 9, 2014). However, we strongly advise site visitors to check the terms and conditions applicable to the product on the card issuers application page prior to completing an application.
Please note that all applications feature secure SSL technology for your online protection.